Monday, October 25, 2010

Momma's French Toast

My mom always made French Toast for me as a kid and I always loved it so very much.
It is a combination of things people like eat for breakfast all rolled into one: eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, syrup.
A brief history of French Toast: it was most likely created in Spain, not France and It is called Eggy bread in the UK. The recipe dates back to medieval time when it was made with stale bread not fresh. Henry V enjoyed this delicious breakfast and I hope he liked it as much as I do.


I usually follow my mothers recipe, because thats what I like here it is:

For 2-4 slices of French Toast:

2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Thick sliced toast

Mix ingredients (except toast)
Dip toast in egg mixture.
Brown on both sides in a skillet or on griddle.
Serve with syrup, berries or butter to taste.


BON APPETIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment